Oct 7, 2010

My Living Room

We've finally sold our townhouse and I can finally do some serious shopping for our new house. When I say "new" I mean new to us. Our current home is a rancher built in the 60's! We have neighbors who've lived in the area for 40 years! Ain't that sumthin?'

The hubby and I agree that we want to save a majority of the money we'll make on the sale of the townhouse. We're taking a small percentage to put the house together before November. That's prior to the holidays, our son's birthday and super cold weather.

My first challenge: the L-shaped living / dining room. This is what I'm working with:




My hubby wants chocolate brown leather furniture in here. Which is fine, I guess. I mean, we have leather furniture in the family room. Having it in both living spaces isn't ideal. But we have 4 kids and leather is so much easier to clean. Just wipe it and go.

So once again I'm faced with the the challenge of warming up the space with accessories. Throw pillows, carpet (I'm replacing the one under the dining table), lamps, etc will have to do the trick.

However, too much crap would clutter the place quickly. So I have to be thougthful in my selections. Tomorrow I'll post a list of accessories I think may work in the room.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, this is pretty much the exact layout of my living/dining room except for a few cosmetic differences and a sun room addition to the right of the dining room. I am SO bad at decor, what does yours look like now? I need ideas!

    ReplyDelete