Oct 7, 2010

I Went Dumpster Diving

I found these two babies at the dumpster near my mother's townhouse. They were dirty but in fairly decent condition. I thought my husband would be irritated when I lugged them into the house. But he simply looked at me cleaning them up then pitched in! Maybe his attitude changed when I said, "Look honey, they were free!"

Originally I envisioned painting them with some light antique-y finish. But Michael was all like "NO! You can't paint wood." So I'll have to figure out a way to make them seem "less heavy." These are big honkin' end tables. And our living room isn't the smallest (granted we haven't furnished it yet). What we put on, under and near them will make a big difference. Cuz if the scale is all wrong and weird I'll have to get rid of them. And I don't want to do that.


If I can't paint them then I'll just have to be satisfied changing the knobs. Some kind of fabric insert for the basket would be nice too. I may put books in there. Something colorful and functional for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment