May 12, 2010

We Bought A House!

Gosh. Michael and I have been looking for a bigger place for a whole year. The six of us are bursting out of the 3 bedroom townhouse I purchased BEFORE becoming a mom and wife. This little home has sustained us well. But I'm SOOO looking forward to having more space.

Yesterday I pulled out all of my home decor magazines looking for stuff I want to do in the new house. You know, quick things we can do within the first few weeks that will make the house feel like it's ours. So here's my quick list of Homecoming projects:

Outside

1.) Door Wreath.
2.) New House Numbers
3.) Barn Star for the exterior (I'm on the fence about this one)

Inside
1.) Family room curtains
2.) Kitchen table and chairs and/or bench
3.) Storage shelf for kitchen
4.) Floor pillows for the family room

Goodwill and The Salvation Army will be my two BFF's for the foreseeable future. There's no way I'm spending more money than I have to to create my domestic ideal. Now that I'll have my own space to create stuff in the sky is the limit.

Oh, I just hope I can contain myself long enough to pack our stuff up and get the townhouse ready to sell. My husband will be so annoyed if I start buying stuff BEFORE we move.

No comments:

Post a Comment