May 22, 2010

New House. New Projects.

It's been well over a year since we started our house hunting effort. The six of us were bursting out of this little townhouse. Some days it seemed like the house was trying to eat us! Just too much stuff and not enough space.

In 3 weeks we'll be moving to our lovely 5 bedroom single family home in a nearby town. We're so excited. Yet the scope of work ahead of us crazy! There are so many things I want to do. But until we actually move in I have to be contented with planning and creating small crafty items for the extra space......

I can't go overboard. My husband will be so annoyed if I create more junk to move. So here's what I'm working on: Kid's Decor.


I'd like to create custom pictures for my daughter room. She'll have a fairy theme in her room. Her furniture is white. So I'd like to create art work that's bright, dreamy and appropriate for a toddler. Green, pink and orange will be prevalent in the room. Though I haven't found nor created the pop of orange I want.


The lamp was $7.99 at Target. I'd like to embellish it with contrasting ruffles. Kinda like these Pottery Barn Lamps:


I picked up the frame for $3 at AC Moore. The initial was $1.99. I painted it a pale pink with the crap load of acrylic paint I have in the house. I'll likely hang this over her crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment